Sukshma yoga opens the energy channels in the body, thereby increasing vitality. This practice helps to balance the flow of prana through the body.
Here are a few Sukshma yoga exercises that can be done sitting, standing or lying down:
- Roll the eyes clockwise then counterclockwise five to six times.
- Shut the eyes tight and release to open the eyes wide. Repeat this 10 times.
- Relax the facial muscles by pinching the muscles around the eyes using the thumb and index fingers.
- Hold the ears and move them gently in a circular motion for 10 seconds.
- With the mouth open, move the index, middle and ring fingers along the jawline toward the chin.
- Open and close the mouth 10 times.
- Turn the neck from left to right and right to left.
- With the thumb folded into the palm, make a tight fist. Release the fist and stretch the fingers. Repeat 10 times.
- Rotate both feet clockwise and then counterclockwise 10 times.