Third Eye Chakra
Definition - What does Third Eye Chakra mean?
The third eye chakra is the sixth chakra and is located between the eyes just above the brow. When stimulated, both hemispheres of the brain work together and help one transcend dualistic thinking. This chakra is associated with the element of light and the color indigo.
Third eye chakra is also known as ajna in Sanskrit.
Yogapedia explains Third Eye Chakra
Imbalances of the third eye chakra can cause coordination problems, sleep disorders, thyroid problems, fevers, the flu, and problems in the mouth, jaw, tongue, neck and shoulders. Practicing yoga can help balance this chakra.
Some yoga poses that can help open and balance the third eye chakra include:
- Thunderbolt pose (vajrasana)
- Downward-facing dog pose (adho mukha svanasana)
- Child’s pose (balasana)
- Supported shoulder-stand (salamba sarvangasana)
- Standing half forward bend (ardha uttanasana)
- Big toe pose (padangusthasana)
- Hero pose (virasana)