Definition - What does Islam Yoga mean?
Islam yoga is a practice that connects Islam and yoga, in which one uses physical, mental and spiritual practices to connect with Allah.
Although some have said that yoga as a practice is not appropriate for Muslims due to the traditionally Hindu connotations of some of the chants and practices, Islam yoga is seen as a way of furthering spiritual development.
Yogapedia explains Islam Yoga
Presented by Guruwafaa in 1985, Islam yoga aims to help the practitioner find inner peace, harmony and balance while acting in accordance with Islamic culture and practice.
Islam yoga is based on five principles:
- Moral health - This includes faith in God, as well as communication in relationships with others.
- Physical health - This includes the practice of salat (ritual prayer), control of the five senses and Islamic healing.
- Mental health - This includes meditation practice with a focus on nature, positive ideas and concepts from the Qu’ran.
- Spiritual practice - This includes the five pillars of Islam, which are belief in God, daily prayers, fasting, charitable donation and pilgrimage.
- Islamic symbols, arts and sciences - This includes Islamic astrology and architecture.
During These Times of Stress and Uncertainty Your Chakras May Be Blocked.
To help you bring attention to your chakras and to identify which of your chakras are causing you issues, we created the following quiz.
Try not to stress over every question, but simply answer based off your intuition. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else.