Little Finger Energy
Definition - What does Little Finger Energy mean?
According to Chakra or Energy Healing, the little finger is associated with the heart meridian and the water element. As such, the little finger is symbolic of feelings and emotions, happiness in particular.
In Hatha Yoga, the little finger is also connected to the Svadhisthana or Sacral Chakra, the energetic centre of sexuality and interpersonal relationships. Strong little finger energy provides the ability to be happy and fulfilled, whereas imbalance has a negative impact on mood and relationships.
Yogapedia explains Little Finger Energy
Little Finger Energy Meditation can help to restore balance in the water element and heart meridian. Follow these steps to practice Little Finger Energy Meditation:
- Begin either lying down or in a stable sitting posture.
- Encircle the left little finger with all four fingers of the right hand.
- Extend the right thumb to the middle of the left hand.
- Visualize ocean waves, first coming towards you and then receding back. Remember that the same applies to your emotions and moods.
- Bring awareness to giving and receiving love. Imagine a person that needs some encouragement, and picture scenes in which they are happy, cheerful and loving of themselves.
- Then, visualize yourself, radiating unconditional love throughout your body. Eventually, your heart will overflow with joy.
Try to focus on a sensation of warmth, and continue this meditation for as long as it feels calm. Little Finger Energy Meditation may also be repeated on the other side, with the right little finger encircled by the left fingers.