Definition - What does Thumb Energy mean?
According to Chakra or Energy Healing, the thumb is associated with the lung meridian and the fire element. This fire energy in the thumb can be used to absorb and transform excess energy from the other fingers, whilst providing nourishment for the other elements in the body. The thumb also represents the ability to gather motivation and willpower. Imbalance in the fire element or thumb energy can cause lethargy, fever, rashes and decreased metabolism.
Yogapedia explains Thumb Energy
Thumb Energy Meditation can help to restore balance in the fire element and lung meridian. Follow these steps to practice thumb energy meditation:
- Begin sitting or lying down with eyes closed.
- Encircle the right thumb with the four fingers of the left hand.
- Place the left thumb along the inner edge of the right hand.
- Focus on a part of the body that feels weak or unwell.
- Imagine a light glowing from the navel. With each exhale, direct rays of light towards the respective part of the body.
- Visualize dark clouds of smoke escaping from the illuminated body part, and concentrate solely on the light.
Try to focus on a sensation of warmth, and continue this meditation for as long as it feels calm. Thumb Energy Meditation may also be repeated on the other side, with the left thumb encircled by the right fingers.