Revolved Head-to-Knee Pose D
Definition - What does Revolved Head-to-Knee Pose D mean?
Revolved head-to-knee pose D is an advanced seated posture that requires flexibility throughout the body and should be attempted only after less intense variations of revolved head-to-knee pose have been mastered.
Beginning with monkey pose (Hanumanasana) – a split with a leg extended forward and the other leg stretched behind – the yogi lifts the shin with the thigh pressing into the mat. With the corresponding hand, the yogi grasps the upraised foot and directs it toward the buttocks. The torso then folds over the front leg and revolves as the head drops to the knee and the other hand grabs the front foot.
Revolved head-to-knee pose D may also be known by its Sanskrit name, parivrtta janu sirsasana D.
Yogapedia explains Revolved Head-to-Knee Pose D
As the most advanced variation, revolved head-to-knee pose D offers an intense stretch of the quadriceps, as well as the hamstrings and hips. It is also believed to have these benefits:
- Stretches and strengthens the inner thigh muscles, groin, calves, obliques and shoulders
- Improves digestion and blood circulation
- Eases stress and anxiety
- Is therapeutic for insomnia and mild depression
- Tones the abdominal muscles
- Stimulates the abdominal and digestive organs
- Opens the chest
The variations of revolved head-to-knee pose all offer a twist on the foundational head-to-knee pose, but have differing leg positions:
- Variation A – the legs extend in a seated wide angle or one leg bends with the sole resting against the opposite inner thigh.
- Variation B – one leg bends with the knee dropping to the side, then the foot is pulled under the body so the perineum rests on the heel.
- Variation C – one leg bends as in variation B, but the foot rests against the inner thigh and revolves so the toes are grounded and the heel points toward the sky.
During These Times of Stress and Uncertainty Your Chakras May Be Blocked.
To help you bring attention to your chakras and to identify which of your chakras are causing you issues, we created the following quiz.
Try not to stress over every question, but simply answer based off your intuition. After all, you know yourself better than anyone else.